51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

01 April 2010

Emo-ing on the Pricing System of Writing Online

I know my future contractors will come across this article and may take it as a point against me, but I plead for everybody to hear me out first.

Writing articles or books is a difficult task.  It takes effort and brain power, especially if you're writing something that is very structured and formal.

So I am wondering why writers are willing to exert so much effort in exchange for 3 dollars, 2 dollars,1 dollar.  And they're supposed to be super grateful when they do $5 each for an article.

Call me a slow writer if you will, but here is a typical set of tasks for me to accomplish a 500-word article:

  • Reading around the topic EVEN IF it is one of my expertise topics.  Thinking.
  • Writing a draft.  Thinking.
  • Looking for official documents if possible, if not, a verifiable 3rd party  source.  For internet marketing articles, I look for information through about 2-5 books in my collection.  And these books are the newest in the industry and cost money too.  Thinking.
  • Cross checking information again.  Thinking.
  • We-write. Thinking.
  • More changes.  Thinking.
  • Final look.  Oh, I don't want to think at this point anymore. :-)

If you were the one to do these steps, you would not think all that time and effort is worth $5, no?  Moreso, $3, $2, $1.  The electricity you used to use the computer for this wouldn't even be covered with that amount.

The pricing system for online writing is a tragedy.

$10 for a more personal piece with less research is okay. But $5 for a fully-researched, well-structured article does not cover it, folks. Sorry...


Want free updates from OFW Din?

No comments:

Post a Comment