51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

20 February 2010

How Did I Start with Online Work?

I found out about online working about 2003 or 2004.  I knew it was happening in the US, but I doubted if there would be something similar in the Philippines.  I read all about the different online gigs,  but none looked stable enough to do on a regular basis.  I also had no idea about the secret-identity-ed Filipinos doing this for a living.

Funny enough, I would have the tip from an offline source.  I was reading an article from News Break, a reputable investigative journalism magazine.  I read about the story of a telecommuting writer.   The subject  mentioned he had 2 regular writing projects and that it was pretty challenging.  He also mentioned his monthly income: twice mine.

Being a writer and a graphic designer, I knew I had what it takes to work from home.  Somehow, things happened that finally prodded me to jump into an uncertain world. I resigned from my work, and I actively looked for a regular online job.

It was to be a pretty tough year ahead.  I scoured all websites I can get my cursor on.  It was a big learning experience. I learned that real time ways of doing some things do not apply online.  I felt the pressure of bagging jobs immediately because funds were running low.

I finally got my first regular gig 10 months after I resigned.  It was all worth the wait because the client was very kind yet smart, and the industry involved was something quite close to my heart.

Now I'm hooked.  I have no plans whatsoever of going back to the regular onsite 9-6 grind.  If anything, I'm happier now than ever.


A little request from OFW Din: If you liked this post, please click the cute buttons below the title. It will let Google and the others know you sent me some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment