51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

04 November 2010

Withdrawing Xoom in the Philippines through BDO and SM Business Center Part 1

I have been withdrawing Xoom at BDO and SM for the last 2 years and I can say the service is very reliable.

Recently, I have ended my online services with a client who pays with Xoom. So last week, it was my last time to withdraw Xoom. I did so at the SM Business Center and the teller requested for a second ID. I said I only had my SSS ID, my license and passport are not available, but I did have a Xoom password. I was allowed to withdraw the remittance, and the teller said they were just accommodating my request but it will be the last time they will allow me to withdraw with just one ID. I nodded, knowing full well that it was to be my last until another Xoom client comes along.

As I waited, I reflected that yes, Xoom and I had a good roll. In mid-2008, as a newbie freelance online worker, there were lots of times BDO's or SM's connection with Xoom were offline. But on hindsight, I realize I have not had trouble with offline connections since late 2009 and 2010.

Also, if you are withdrawing in Philippine Pesos, I found out that withdrawals through Cebuana Lhuillier took just minutes. I expressed my surprise and the Lhuillier staff said that they had a more direct access somehow with Xoom, that is why they were faster. SM and BDO have a lot of online clearances to verify an amount to be sent, thus I always had to wait a long time.


Next: How to Withdraw your Xoom Money from BDO or SM Business Center



Please subscribe for free online marketing tips, geeky funnies and Pinoy living info
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment