51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

16 August 2013

Great example of internet marketing campaign in the Philippines

SM plays smart internet marketing with the Sarah Jessica Parker campaign.

As I have recently resurrected this blog, one of the last posts from 2012 was SM finally advertising in an email site.  I wanted to find out the update so this morning, at the office, I logged in to my Yahoo mail.

I found... tada!, Sarah Jessica Parker endorsing dresses for SM.

Good call, I noted, and showed it to my cynical office mate.  Her face lit up first, then smirked when she noted it was from the masses' department store.

What?  I asked her.

"Why did they choose her?  And is she endorsing their higher end dresses?"  Clearly, she was cynical of the effectiveness of the endorser vis-a-vis SM's market.

I explained that for this web campaign, SJP was perfect.  I love nitpicking through marketing strategies, especially online ones.

For the web users ages 30s-40s, Sarah Jessica Parker is the perfect endorser.

First, this was advertised in Yahoo mail.

Yahoo mail people are in their late 20s (if any, lol) but mostly 30s and 40s.

Yes, these are the same people who were around when Sex and the City was THE default setting for cool.

Sarah Jessica is the goddess for shoes and dresses if you knew that show.

And yes, these same people who still use Yahoo, associate Sarah Jessica with dresses and shoes coincidentally are also earning now AND surely can afford those dresses and shoes... and wait! also do the grocery shopping, hold the toys shopping budget for their kids, etc etc.

"And since you now have money, of course you won't buy your dresses from SM.  But now they have SJP to lure you back in to SM to buy dresses at first. And since you're there anyway, this will also carry on to buying everything  else from them -- food, equipment, toys, hardware..  Salamat kay Sarah Jessice Parker." *evil laugh*  Muhahaha ... I love it!

I concluded, if only for the internet marketing side, this campaign is brilliant. SM may or may not use SJP's ads in print, I think. For the Filipino internet users though, who identify with her and have the spending powers, Sarah Jessica Parker is perfect,  and advertising at the Yahoomail log in page is smart.

Again, great work, SM marketing and web team!

But of course, the best metric is still sales, so I wonder how that plays out. But still, this is very well played.



PS.  Tonight, I sauntered over to the Yahoo mail log in, but saw Ramon Bautista for Smart instead.  Brilliant use of scheduling for accessbility of the target market.  Mornings for email are the best times to flash your dress ads for the working ladies/ mommies.

Yey.  I love how they know their market.

Please subscribe for free internet marketing notes, working online, and Pinoy living info
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment