51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

29 May 2010

Online Clients

What kinds of Online Clients have you had?

Me, I've been lucky that I always get matched up with kind, supportive, communicative clients who pay on time.

How about you?  Have you been having the same luck as I have?

Okay, let's not dwell on the horror stories, I will just talk about the nice kinds of clients so that contractors will know what it is that inspires their freelancers to work for them.

If you are looking for freelancers to outsource to, here are some very welcome traits that will motivate your freelancers to work hard for you:

COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS. As well as giving complete backup documents.  If you want the job immediately, give a complete set of instructions and complete materials to work with.  Agree from the start what is expected to be accomplished.  Have a bulleted list ready of tasks expected to be done (actually this list should come from the freelancer, so ehem freealancers, pay attention.).  Provide links, ftps, documents, etc etc.
COMMUNICATIVE.  You expect your freelancer to keep you in the loop, so communicate back just to acknowledge you've noted the progress of the work.
PROMPT PAYMENT.  Use escrow to protect yourself.  There are freelancers who may not intend to deceive you, but if the work is somehow unaccomplished (maybe because of capability, etc.) you and your money are protected.  (Time is not though, so choose wisely)
WARM and FRIENDLY.  This is not required, but most (I think all) of my clients are warm and friendly, and I just want to share it's very motivating, indeed.
HELPFUL.  I have met clients who are helpful, not just for their own projects I was working on, but for other outside matters that concern me.  For that I am deeply grateful. 

All these things seem like basic protocol on a work environment, but it is also these very characteristics of my clients that give me more fuel to work hard and cheerfully.  It also validates my gut feel a million years ago that freelancing at home will rock more than working in a regular workplace.

(Thanks to all who trusted me enough to work with them.)



Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment