51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

19 May 2010

How this Online Filipino Worker Earns

 There are plenty of ways Pinoys earn online.

Here are some ways Filipinos earn online, some of which are still a total mystery to me up to now, even if I have been stuck to this seat facing the monitor for 3 years now:


Earn from Blogging1.  You can write paid blog posts.  Some companies you can write for are payperpost, blogsvertise, and more.  The more followers you have (because you are a good blog keeper) the higher amounts you can demand. Some people really earn a decent income from a post.  Me, my earning capacity from blogging is crippled because of my laziness to be pro-active with online communities.
Earn from Blogging2.  Some post adsense ads and ads from other companies.  Some earn big amounts from adsense.  Unfortunately I'm not one of them.  It's not so much as setting up your blog and waiting for people to come and click your ads and you earn.  The great adsense earners work on their blogs constantly to attract the traffic and engage them with excellent content and a sense of community.
Earn from Affiliate marketing. Pinoys sign up as affiliates to the big stores, and they fix their own webstores with  affiliate products so that people buy through them. They get commisions.
Earn from Pay per click. Is a total mystery to me.  I never really studied how this works. I feel it takes too much effort for so little pay.  But then, I don't know anything about it to say that. 
-  Working on Freelance projects.  Some sell their skills online, and there are lots of skills you can sell online.  IT-related, writing, designing, admin work, consulting.  There are a lot to be done.  The freelancers work on short stints and constantly market themselves to get new projects.  If you get high paying projects, great.  But save up so that on days when nobody's looking for your skills, you have some money to cough out.
Regular workers/ online employees.  These are the residents who work constantly for one party.  So you lose the fine line between client and boss.  Oh, the fine line is not so fine, really.  Employees work 8 hours a day (or the equivalent) for the boss, like in a regular office.  However, as the character of telecommuters go, who work by themselves without supervision, the trap is that online workers work too much, beyond the hours they are supposed to stop and spend time with family. In short, when one becomes a resident worker, you tend to work 10 hours, 15 hours.  No time for family anymore! tsk tsk.
Selling using the internet.   One of the best ways to earn online, believe me.  You don't have to be the slave all the time, like me. You can be the boss as well. Same principles apply as to running a business, only you use the net smartly to be seen and heard by customers.  What can you sell on the net?  Anything and everything!  Actual items, services, cyber items, even food and pieces of land get sold on the net!  (Someone even sold tickets to the 2012 end of the world ship over EBay).  Use the net to get leads.  Some seal deals online, others seal the deal face to face. 

How do I do it for myself?  How do I earn?  I prefer to be a regular employee, who also accepts freelance gigs.  The pay is regular, twice a month, and if you have no gigs, that is fine as well.


Someday, I do hope to learn the secrets to earning a lot from adsense, and I would also like to sell online...  but for now, I am content with my regular online job and gigs.


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment