51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

29 September 2010

Online Freelance Workers - When to Change your Computers and Equipment

I have been working online for 3 years now, but changed computers in 2008 so I did not notice this then yet.

Do monitor your computers and equipment every so often.  They are your tools in the job.  It's not a whim but really a necessity to have updated equipment.

I have learned this the hard way.  I did not notice my Old Reliable had become a lot less reliable after 2 years.  No amount of cleaning and such can put back its old performance.  This negligence has cost me a lot of time and exhaustion.

I thought it was me, but one day using another computer, I found that there was a LOT of stuff I was able to do than I have the past few weeks.  Also I found I enjoyed work more using a speedy computer than the average one.

So learn from my experience.  If you can afford it, splurge every few months on newer, speedier components.  If you trust your tools now, at least check after a year you computer's performance vis-a-vis YOUR performance.  Then check again after every 6 months. 

Time and energy and tip top output are very important to us online workers, more than others, since output is the only thing we have to show clients and employers. So be vigilant, take care of your equipment and have fun in your work! 

Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment