51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

22 September 2010

Thumbs Up for PCGilmore - (At last, a Friendly and Usable PH Website!)

Summary:  Excellent PC package online shopping for regular non-techy folks, plus great service at their brick and mortar store.  And affordable branded and generic items. I like!

I need new zoom-zoom stuff for work, my Old Reliable has been complaining about old age for sometime now.  Through the years, when I needed PC parts prices, I usually go to 2 sites for price references.

But then, I saw PCGilmore online and I love this site:  http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph , particularly their Do-It-Yourself section.

I love how friendly and usable it is, particularly for people like me.  I can understand some things about how computers work, but not totally.  So this friendly page totally worked for me.



You will see below all parts needed to assemble a PC are listed there, then if you click per item, the items will appear in a scroll down- listing the brand, specs and price.  Cool.




Then  all the other parts for sale are grayed out and cannot be clicked on until you have chosen from each scroll-down.  I love this feature because it means it lessens the chance of forgetting to order a computer part you need.


I particularly noticed how I liked this when I asked, "But what if I don't want to buy this part because I have a spare?"  Not to worry, you can just click on the first choice -- select one -- then the next computer part will be un-grayed and ready for selection.


Then as you choose, you will find your total bill is automatically computed at the bottom.  So if you are on a strict budget, you know when to go back to the item you picked to choose a computer part for a lesser price but will still fit your online zoom-zoom needs.




And yes, it is easy to go back to the first items you already chose and change the specs around, until you get your PC that suits your budget.


Great for semi-knowledgeable, semi-ignorant computer hardware users like me!  :-)


Anyway, I didn't finish that order online, so I can't comment on the other features of the site. 


However, conversion was not lost.  I DID go to their West Avenue office.  Because I liked this website feature so much, with clear pricing and specs and package totals, I ignored the other 2 computer stores that I often visit online for pricing (Interestingly, the other one was closed?   Shocking.).


The staff at PC Gilmore West Avenue were friendly and helpful, and cheery.  I explained that I wanted the prepared package plus minus some parts I wanted changed.  No problem.  As I waited for my CPU to be given birth to, I observed how knowledgeable the staff are about the prices and the items as they dealt with the other customers.  I also scrolled through the prices of their items and I think these are pretty affordable.  Plus assembly was quick, I got my CPU immediately and went home happy.


Yes, pcgilmore.com.ph and PC Gilmore West Avenue is a good example of great online experience, merged with excellent real-time service.  2 thumbs up.


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment