51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

13 March 2010

Binondo Food Massacre 2

My Binondo Food Trip posts are too long.  So I'm putting a quick summary right up here on top (especially since you may be surfing from your mobile phone)  of a list of resturants to go to if you want to go food tripping in Binondo:

1.  Tasty  Dumplings Restaurant - yummy dumplings and pata tim.  Ongpin St. very near Binondo Church.  A sneeze away.
2.  Dong Bei in Yuchengco - for fresh dumplings and oolong.  (Buy some for take home if it's a last stop)  Also near the Binondo Rotonda, enter through Tatyana Street facing the Binondo Rotunda.  End of Tatyana is Yuchengco and you'll see Dong Bei
3.  Manosa's - also in Ongpin. Try the Maki Mi soup
4.  Quick Snack in Carvajal - Try the Beef Sate.
5.  Masuki - I didn't write about because we have eaten there a gazillion times, since my bestie is close friends with one of the family. But its there in Benavidez.  Try the humongous siopao and yummy handmade noodles.

There are other usual joints you go to like President's, so I won't talk about that anymore.

-------

Con't. of my blabbering descriptions:

Another joint to drop by into when you to do a Food Trip in Binondo is Manosa's.  The n has a squiggle on it, such that you say it like Manyosa's  but I'm too lazy to figure out how to type that squiggly n thing.

Anyway, Manosa's Maki Mi soup is well known and we tried it out.  It's a soy and pepper and pork-based  sticky soup.  You can opt to have noodles added or not.  It was the first time I ate something like it and I like it.  (I had a craving for it afterwards and in my desperation, scrounged around for a recipe.  Tip:  It's easy to do something similar.  Too easy. :-)  Anyway, heard from a Chinoy friend Ma Mon Luk in Banawe had better Maki Mi soup.  Maybe next time.

In my return trip to Binondo for this food trip, my bestie forgot to bring her list of where to go. Strange because 1) our main intent is to continue the food walk, so it should be the first thing she should've packed. and 2) My bestie has an eagle-sharp OC  way of doing things so it was quite strange for her to forget anything at all.  Anyway, we just laughed it off and decided to do things by ear.

We remembered the Quick Snack resto in Carvajal, so we trooped there first.  We tried the Beef Sate Noodles there.  It was nice. But I've already tried something like it in my kitchen (whilst I was experiementing for my maki mi, I did a twist  on it which somehow ended up like the the sate noodle) so it was okay for me, but not as exciting if I hadn't had something like it earlier.

Thanks to my bestie's  temporary lapse of OC-ness that she forgot her list, we thought of taking a peek at Merriam Webster, also in Carvajal, to look for a Binondo map.  We were astounded at this bookstore.  They had lots of reprints and there was a treasure trove of cheap (re-printed)  literary classics.  Shakespeare at P69 anyone?  I couldn't believe our good fortune. That classics shelf alone is a gold mine!  We soon giggled at all the textbooks there because those were textbooks I used in high school (almost 20 years ago).  I whispered "This bookstore is stuck in time..." and we giggled some more like little school girls.  I of course checked out the net section/ computer course textbooks cuz there might be goodies for me.  But no.  I can put my typing textbook in first year high school (also available there) beside their computer textbooks and nobody would notice. 

Anyway, next time we drop by Binondo, I'll put in a quick list of where to shop for what in the little stores there.  


A little request from OFW Din: If you liked this post, please click the cute buttons below the title. It will let Google and the others know you sent me some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment