51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

28 October 2010

Sighted: Home Office Designs

Sunrise view from my bedroom window
Can't tell it's hard to get a shot with the grills and screen, eh?

Online workers work at home all day, it would be ideal to have a nice spot in the house where you feel relaxed, beautiful and totally motivated to work. I hope you take some time to spruce up your home office.

I am totally intending to move my home office to my bedroom.  My rule has always been, no computers or TVs in the bedroom.  It is stressful to have those electronic thingys where you rest.  The brain won't be able to tell whether it's time to work or to rest.

But then, my bedroom has a view of the San Mateo hills and plateau.  It is a majestic view and very inspiring.  (If not for the ugly, AND red window grills that the owner has put on the windows.  Yes, there is also the aluminum screen. Sigh, but that is beyond my control and I digress.)  Yes, those hills are alive.  In the morning, it is totally beautiful with the sunrise.  And as evening rolls in, when I have the time I just sit there and not open the lights.  It is just as breath-taking, to see the snazzy orange sky during sunset.  A bit later, teeny lights on the hills wake up as the sky turns pitch black.

So now I am thinking what would be a nice look for my online work office.  I am devoting the whole wall with the windows to the home office.  Wonder what nice thing can be done besides the long work table and shelves by the wall...

Found this page for home office designs and there are thousands of pictures to get inspiration from. I'm still looking for an idea with big windows in front of the workstation.

And this blog rocks because it has pictures of home offices of real people .  Looks like I'll be getting ideas from this blog more than the designer pages.

From:  houzz.com
I'm having one or two of these shelves made.  My room design taste is very simple.
I want things to be utilatarian and no space for clutter (because I'm makalat).
Maybe I like it because it reminds me of the cubbyholes where I put my lunchbox in in kindergarten.

And of course, the work area, something like this.
From http://home.officesnapshots.com/2010/03/09/the-perfect-minesweeper-setup/

Please subscribe for free online marketing tips, geeky funnies and Pinoy living info
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment