51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

20 October 2010

Why Do You Blog?

  • I blog because I take pleasure in writing about things that interest me.  
  • I also blog as a souvenir (that's for my parenting blog and Tumblr).
  • I'd like to earn in Adsense too (I  haven't yet even if my blogs are years-old because I do not network).  Paid blog reviews are also fine by me.
Interestingly, blogging incidence has declined in other countries, but here in the PH, blogging is more alive than ever.  Why?

I noticed that there is this almost-mania about Philippine blogs being equal to freebies and events.  That is so strange.

I guess being invited to corporate events because of your blog is the new cool. 

1.  One of our blogger friends introduced herself as a blogger, then her new acquaintance asked "So, you have lots of events to attend and freebies then?"

2.  Saw in Plurk recurrently :  People asking how to be invited to events.

3.  Then I passed by this blog that had ONLY announcements of events and new products.  Obviously fishing for invites and freebies.

4.  Recently, there was this brouhaha about blogger events as a possible venue for corruption.  Although money was not directly involved, freebies and gift certificates were. But still, corruption is still corruption, cash or none.

Argh.  It's an online disease.

Me, I like events to get out of my dinky spot under the rock, once in a while.  My colleague takes me to her events.  I'm always the plus-one.  But after that, I blog about the event even if I just tagged along.  Freebies, I don't mind getting them, I don't mind if I don't.  

I don't mind getting paid for blogs (See an old article - On Paid Blog Posts) and getting perks.  So if you were able to scandalize ME about your corrupting ways, then shame on you.

How about you, blogger reader, why do you blog?


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment