51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

13 October 2010

Web Geeks PH Meetup Hosted by Ubertor

Renz and I attended the Web Geeks PH Meetup at the Fort last Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010.

I am thrilled to finally be out and about, from my perennial location Under the Rock.  I am happy I went, I met these bunch of enthusiastic and great people who are as into the Net as I am. I like that the interests and specializations in the Net of the people I met there are diverse.  There were Software Developers, Web Designers, students, online social networkers, etc etc.

For that night, the topics talked about are the importance of Social Networking to your Business and the benefits of using Agile in projects.  Great talks, very interesting.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and working with them in the future.


Thanks heaps to John Arce, the Web Geek regulars and the Ubertor people for this event.



Upcoming Events : Roofcamp and Web Dev Con


ROOF CAMP:  Saturday, October 23 · 6:00pm - 9:30pm

 Roofcamp is a venue for future looking, maverick, and fearless individuals, sharing and distilling ideas from concept to reality.

Speakers :

Scott Henderson @espressojunky
CTO, Bookmans/auctionsalacarte.com

Ibba Bernardo @ibba
Founder and Big Chief, E-Motion Animation
Chairman of BuhayKo.org

FUELED BY BEER 

DevCon :  Saturday, November 13 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Program:
  • Registration
  • Opening Remarks
  • Lightning Talks
  • Birds of a Feather (BOF)
  • Raffle
  • Geekup
  • Closing

Speakers @ Lightning Talks:
(To be announced soon!)


Venue:

OTD Offices, 14th Floor, Picadilly Star
4th Avenue corner 27th Street, Fort Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Philippines

*If any of you want to go, leave me a message.  Let's go together.


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment