51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

29 August 2010

Lung Center Sunday Market is Nice

Mmm... Mmm... Mmmm....

Went to the Lung Center Sunday Market with a friend and we had lots of fun poking great food, rare items and chatting up the friendly Ates and Kuyas with their wares.

As you can get from the name, this weekly market is at Lung Center Hospital along Quezon Blvd and they are set up only on Sundays during morning until 2PM.  It started taking off few years back because of their unique position in offering organically grown fruits and vegetables.  Today I'm not so sure if the veggies and fruits there really are organically grown, but I don't mind.  I didn't go there to get organic food so it doesn't defeat my purpose.  I went there to look and find stuff I don't usually see in grocery stores and I wasn't disappointed.

What you can find in the Lung Center Sunday Market
  • Fresh fruits - I noted that the durian today cost PhP130/K since my teammate loves durian.
  • Fresh Veggies
  • Ready meals. Freshly cooked assortment of viands - meat dishes, sea food, veggie dishes
  • Pasta
  • Lots of dessert.  Saw cakes, pastries, pie
  • Lots of chips  - I got me malunggay chips from Cavite. Yum.
  • Lots of cookies.
  • Deli items.  Meat cuts, siomai, siopai, etc.
  • Fresh juices in different samalamig containers.  I also bought one carrot apple juice that was sooo yum, but as you know your granny is quite absent-minded and left the bottle behind, and did not note the company name.  I wanted to tell the name and contact number to my sister, just in case she wants to order healthy fresh juices for her office people, but alas, my temp amnesia got the best of me.  Sorry much, whoever you are.
  • Yum coconut sorbet.  It was a great idea for my friend to coerce me to eat the coconut-lychee icy sherbet before we started walking under the sun.  Kept me cool.  My crazy friend said, as he tasted the sherbet and as we walked along "Ahh... this is the life... it's as if we're in  Provence..."  and here comes a young lass huffing and puffing behind us (the girl who sold us the sherbet)  since Provence boy apparently forgot to pay.  lmao. 
  • Coffee.  They have civet coffee for PHP 1,200 for the small bottle and 2,400 for the large bottle. My friend also bought some corn coffee for PhP150.
  • Cooking spices.  also yum.
Non-Food items:
  • House decor, Thai wooden carvings.  My friend got these little bald Chinese dolls holding different vegetables for only PhP10 each for his kitchen.
  • Oriental dishes.  Bento boxes, ceramic bowls, plates, delicate China plates with dainty designs
  • Toys
  • Usual DV items
  • DVDs of classic movies, Discovery DVDs and the usual hodge podge of movies, shows, etc.  I'm extremely pleased with my "BBC DVD - Season 1 of History of Maths" purchase.
  • Native stuff - mats, placemats, baskets, rain sticks
  • Plants - fantastic, beautiful plants that I can't distinguish if plastic or not, because they're so beautiful
  • Pets - I saw some dogs and birds
  • Lots of clothes
  • and lots lots more you can think of, its there.

What to expect from the Lung Center Sunday Market:

Lots of sun or rain. Whichever.  There are now lots of tents set up I was surprised.  It wasn't like that 2-3? years ago I last visited, so it's a little more comfortable now.
  • So wear comfy clothes.
  • Wear comfy foot wear, watch out for muddy areas or puddles
  • Bring your washable shopping bags
  • Expect to eat.  A lot.
  • There's a lot of parking but it can get crowded so come early if you're bringing a car.
Going there to meet up with friends or hang with family is nice.  You can just relax and walk about and share some giggles and kwento with your companions, and you get to buy neat stuff, of course.


Please visit them and buy our local products :-))


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

No comments:

Post a Comment