51a5c8cfe7e565cbded2bfc81aa74b911c9122a239a74365d1
Why Hire Online Filipino Workers?

This is a sticky post. For newest entries, see the next post.

Would it be worth it to hire online freelance workers from the Philippines? Even Google and Yahoo does not encourage telecommuting anymore. Why should I if the gurus have tested it and seen it does not work?

My observation all these years is: Not all people with an internet connection can work at home. However, there is a very small percent of people who DO thrive, perform well and even enjoy working for you, regardless of physical location.

So my answer to your question is, yes, it would be worth it to hire online Filipino workers because .. READ MORE>

23 August 2010

Union Bank PH Customer Service - 2 Thumbs Up

I am very pleased with the way Union Bank has been handling my request to reactivate my EON account.

I have not been using my EON card since I activated it and deposited/ withdrew once in 2008, I think.  My regualar client has switched to sending me salaries through Xoom so I get the money immediately, instead of waiting out days. Plus I moved houses so I am much farther away from the UnionBank I applied the EON card at.  So now I have totally forgotten my EON online password and other info.

For the past 2 months I have been depositing to Chinabank the Paypal money I am earning from ODesk.  I withdraw weekly since I am not yet in a financial position to let the money idle in the Paypal account, even if I want to leave it there.  In 2 months, I estimate I have spent over PHP1500 to PHP2000in bank transfer fees.  Yeah, that's a lot.  So I wanted to open a new EON account, but I decided to ask the customer service first.

The Union Bank Customer Rep was very knowledgeable about EON.  I regret though that I did not list down his name.  He answered my questions adequately about inactive accounts.  First off, I will not pay inactive fees, says the Customer Rep, only the Annual Fee. I was fine with that.  I just did not agree to paying some hundreds PER MONTH that I was inactive.  That was a strange rule.  I'm glad they bent it.  Second, I'm glad he didn't say I had to apply again.  Heard some peeps were not allowed to just continue using their old EON card.

He also promised that Union Bank will email in 2 days.  And they did.  I was informed the online account was not working anymore and was further informed I can just register again, but using my old EON account info.  That was kewl.  And quick.

Will update you more on what happens next.

For now, I am very content. :-))


Want free updates from OFW Din?
Subscribe to Online Filipino Worker - OFW Din!

1 comment:

  1. How was it now? Did you have to link it again to paypal? How about paypal, Did you do any updates with it?

    ReplyDelete